Yvette V. Mishev concentrates her practice in commercial litigation. She has represented corporate and individual clients throughout all phases of litigation in a wide range of complex disputes including breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, fraud, and veil piercing.
Yvette graduated from Valparaiso University School of Law in 2013 where she was Associate Editor of the Law Review, a member and Chief Justice of the Moot Court Society, and legal writing and research assistant to various members of the faculty.
During law school, Yvette served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jon E. DeGuilio of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. Before joining Novack and Macey, Yvette was a Litigation Associate at Barnes & Thornburg LLP for three years. Yvette is fluent in Bulgarian.
- DePaul University, (B.A. 2010), Cum Laude
- Valparaiso University School of Law (J.D. 2013), Summa Cum Laude
Speeches & Publications
- Author, "Access Realty Group v. Kane - Another Tear In The Corporate Veil?" JD Supra, February 12, 2021
- Author, "Federal Court Solidifies Exception to Rule that More Stringent Standard Applies to Veil-Piercing Relating to Breach of Contract Claims in Illinois," Novack and Macey Case Study, May 24, 2019
- Author, "Non-Assignability of Contracts Without Counterparty Consent," American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Co-Author, “Elements of Illinois Law: Bankruptcy and Collections,” Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education 2015 ed.