Rebekah Parker, a partner at Novack and Macey, helps clients solve their legal problems -- whether it be through litigation, arbitration, or settlement. While Rebekah concentrates her practice on real-estate-related disputes including those pertaining to leasing, construction, and condominium associations she has wide-ranging experience that includes partnership and agency disputes, contract disputes, restrictive covenants, data privacy, intellectual property, professional malpractice defense, and class actions.
Rebekah works hard to achieve success on behalf of her clients – and she has been repeatedly recognized as a top Illinois litigator. Illinois Super Lawyers recognized her as a “Rising Star” every year from 2013 to 2019 and as a “Super Lawyer” in 2020 (an honor bestowed on no more than five percent of the attorneys in each state). In 2019, Rebekah was honored to be named one of Law Bulletin’s “40 Under 40 Attorneys in Illinois to Watch,” and, in 2020, she was named an Illinois “Leading Lawyer” by Law Bulletin Publishing Company.
Rebekah is also a firm leader when it comes to service, diversity, and inclusion. Rebekah chairs the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Group, dedicated to promoting equity and equality within the firm, and contributing to the surrounding community through service activities. In addition, she is co-chairs the firm’s Women’s Initiative, a group dedicated to the professional development and advancement of the firm’s female attorneys. Rebekah also co-chairs the firm's pro bono practice and frequently takes on entertainment and education-related pro bono matters.
Rebekah has lived and worked on both coasts but prefers the Midwest. Prior to joining Novack and Macey, Rebekah was an associate at Quinn Emanuel where she practiced in its Los Angeles and New York City offices. Rebekah channels the same competitive drive and energy she uses to solve her clients’ problems to her athletic endeavors. She is passionate about running, tennis, skiing, and Peloton.
- University of Michigan (B.A. 2002), Honors College, with Highest Distinction
- Harvard Law School (J.D. 2005), Cum Laude; ATLA Regional Mock Trial Champion and Coach
Speeches & Publications
- When Companies Shut Their Doors Despite Covenants to Continue Operations, JD Supra, March 2020. View PDF.
- “That’s Not What I Meant: How to Fix a Typo or Grammatical Error in a Contract,” Smart Business Chicago, August 2013. View PDF.
- What to Do When a Mistake Changes the Meaning of an Agreement? Rebekah Parker Explains in Smart Business Chicago
- Co-author, “Smart Evidence: Commercial Litigation.” Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2012
- Secured early dismissal of fraud claims on behalf of real estate broker arising out of developer’s sale of property to investor.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of condo owners suffering severe damage to their unit based on construction defects and condominium association failures.
- Represented real estate investment firm in lease dispute against restaurant. Obtained immediate dismissal of lessee’s counterclaims for consumer fraud, breach of contract, and misrepresentation, and secured favorable settlement on client’s breach of lease claim.
- Obtained favorable pre-litigation settlements for real estate investment company in disputes with former partners.
- Represented real estate developer in several mechanics lien suits and federal jury trial alleging breach of contract and violation of Illinois statutes concerning securities, consumer fraud, and condominiums. Obtained early dismissal of securities claim and part of a team that secured jury and bench trial verdicts entirely in client’s favor. Successfully defended challenged rulings on appeal to the Seventh Circuit.
- Secured pre-discovery dismissal of a suit brought by a condominium association against former unit owners arising out of the sale of their unit to a straw buyer.
- Represented various retail real estate developers against tenants who defaulted.
- Represented not-for-profit art collector in litigation against its architect for designing faulty art collection and storage systems, leading to favorable settlement.
- Obtained pre-discovery dismissal of tortious interference and fraud claims on behalf of accounting firm in a suit brought by former partner of LLC.
- On behalf of healthcare provider, obtained early dismissal of fraud, conspiracy, and Computer Fraud and Abuse Act claims brought by former IT vendor.
- Obtained summary judgment on consumer fraud claim on behalf of mortgage company in dispute with former IT vendor.
- Conducted arbitration on behalf of fish buyer against seller in UCC dispute.
- Represented founder of private buying club against his former employee/attorney in breach of contract suit and obtained favorable verdict after bench trial.
Other (Professional Malpractice, Data Privacy, Class Actions)
- In suit seeking over $50 million damages against receiver and her law firm, obtained early dismissal of claims against law firm and prevented filing of defamation claim under Barton doctrine. Secured summary judgment in favor of receiver on over a dozen claims for breach of fiduciary duty and professional malpractice. Successfully defended all challenged rulings on appeal to the Seventh Circuit.
- Secured pre-discovery dismissal of malicious prosecution claim against law firm.
- Represented check-cashing company in suit brought by bank alleging data privacy breach. Obtained dismissal of negligence and negligence per se claims and favorable settlement on remaining consumer fraud claim.
- Obtained dismissal of proposed class-action suit on behalf of internet-based social gaming company accused of violating Illinois gambling statute brought under Illinois gambling statute against online casino operator before any discovery took place.
- Novack and Macey Attorneys Win Resounding Victory in Class Action against Client
- Joshua E. Liebman and Rebekah H. Parker Obtain Dismissal of Six Counterclaims Filed against Real Estate Client
- Seventh Circuit Court Affirms Novack and Macey Victory for Donald Trump and the Trump Organization
- Novack and Macey Win Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Misappropriation of Trade Secrets Case for Plas-Tool Co. after Jury Trial in District Court; Rebekah Parker is on Trial Team
- Developer of Trump International Hotel & Tower, Chicago, Wins Appeal
- Rebekah Parker Named on the 2021 Illinois Super Lawyers List
- Rebekah Parker Named on Chicago Law Media's Leading Lawyers in Illinois List for 2020
- Rebekah Parked Named a "Rising Star" on the 2020 Illinois Super Lawyers List
- Novack and Macey's Women's Initiatives Group, co-chaired by Rebekah Parker, is Featured in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- Rebekah H. Parker named in Law Bulletin's 2019 “40 Under Forty” List
- Rebekah Parker Named a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers Magazine Names Rebekah Parker on its 2019 Emerging Lawyers List
- Illinois Super Lawyers Names Rebekah Parker on its 2018 Rising Star List
- Illinois Super Lawyers Names Rebekah Parker a Rising Star for 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers Names Rebekah Parker on its 2016 Rising Star List
- Leading Lawyers Recognizes 5 Novack and Macey Attorneys as Emerging Lawyers in 2016
- IICLE Recognizes Novack and Macey Volunteers as “Exceptional Writers” of Civil-Litigation Materials