Kristen Werries Collier has been with the firm since 1999. She represents clients in complex litigation involving contract actions, business torts, partnership disputes, professional negligence defense, real estate, energy, trusts and estates.
Kristen practices in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings nationwide, representing, among others: General Growth Properties, Inc.; Mirant Corporation; Constellation Energy, Inc.; Communications & Commerce, LLC; and numerous law firms and individuals.
Kristen was named one of the Top 50 Illinois Women Super Lawyers in 2014 and 2015 by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine, which also named her a Super Lawyer from 2013 through 2018 and a Rising Star in 2011. She was honored as one of the 40 most talented attorneys under the age of 40 by the Chicago Law Bulletin in 2011.
Kristen is a 1999 graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law, where she was a member of the Law Review and National Moot Court Team, and received a Rickert Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy. She is chairperson of the College of Law’s Class of 1999 Reunion Challenge. Kristen also has a Masters of Public Administration degree from Syracuse University’s Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs. She currently lives in Chicago with her husband, Paul, and their three sons.
- University of Illinois, B.A., 1993
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, M.P.A, 1996
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1999, member of the University of Illinois Law Review, National Moot Court team, awarded the Rickert Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
Speeches & Publications
- “Network security: How to deter and mitigate the fallout from cyber attacks,” Smart Business Chicago magazine, February 2013. View PDF.
- Panelist, “Transitioning from Associate to Partner,” a program of the Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law, September 15, 2011.
- “Socially responsible: How to create a social media policy to minimize risks to your organization,” Smart Business Chicago magazine, August 2011. View PDF.
- Featured speaker, “Tips for Young Associates,” Judicial Intern Opportunity Program of the ABA Litigation Section, June 10, 2010.
- “Avoiding the Innocent Spoliation of Evidence,” CBA Record (May 2010). View PDF.
- “Helping Businesses Avoid Spoliation Claims,” Illinois Lawyer Now (Winter 2009). View PDF.
- 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 2017 Illinois Top 100 Super Lawyers
- Kristen Werries Collier Named Among the Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyers in 2016
- Kristen Werries Collier Named to the Top 50 Women Illinois Super Lawyers
- Kristen Werries Collier Cautions Businesses to “Vigilantly Monitor and Evaluate their Cyber-Security Safeguards” in Interview with Smart Business Chicago Magazine
- Kristen Werries Collier is One of Illinois’ Top “40 under Forty” Attorneys
- “Avoiding the Innocent Spoliation of Evidence”
- Novack and Macey Scores Hard-Fought Summary Judgment Victories
- Novack and Macey Wins Dismissal in Software License and Copyright Dispute
- Drury and Werries Collier Promoted to Of Counsel