Timothy J. Miller, partner and general counsel at Novack and Macey LLP, has been named to the faculty of a two-day seminar presented by the Practising Law Institute (PLI).
Tim will discuss "Ethics Issues in Negotiating Sourcing Deals" and cover the following topics:
- Zealous representation within the bounds of the law
- Puffery vs. false statements: where is the line drawn?
- Limits on communications with adverse parties
- Cross-border and multijurisdictional negotiations
- Outsourcing hypothetical scenarios
- Preparing for the conversation with inside counsel
This seminar is for attorneys and compliance professionals who are involved with sourcing agreements. The program can be attended in-person at the University of Chicago - Gleacher Center, 450 N Cityfront Plaza Dr, Chicago or via webinar and offers up to 13 CLE hours. Please visit the PLI website to register.
Tim represents clients in complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters involving a wide range of issues. He is experienced in matters concerning attorneys’ and other professionals’ liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, partnership law, business torts, real estate and the activities of financial institutions.