We are pleased to announce that eight Novack and Macey attorneys have been included in the 2023 "Best Lawyers in America" and "Ones to Watch" lists, and Donald A. Tarkington has been named Best Lawyers® 2023 Real Estate Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" in Chicago.
Since first being published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Recognized lawyers are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing. The "Ones to Watch" list recognizes attorneys early in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
Only one lawyer in each practice and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during their peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and practice areas for their capabilities, professionalism, and integrity. Mr. Tarkington's recognition as "Lawyer of the Year" in Real Estate Litigation proudly ranks him alongside co-founders Eric N. Macey, 2017 and 2020, and Stephen Novack, 2022, respectively, for this accolade which further solidifies the firm's superlative reputation in this practice area.
Congratulations to the following lawyers:
Lawyer of the Year:
- Donald A. Tarkington - Real Estate Litigation
The Best Lawyers in America List:
- Stephen Novack - Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, and Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Eric N. Macey - Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Litigation
- Monte L. Mann - Real Estate Litigation
- Timothy J. Miller - Commercial Litigation and Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Stephen J. Siegel - Commercial Litigation
- Donald A. Tarkington - Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Litigation
One to Watch List:
- Serena G. Rabie - Commercial Litigation
- Gregory B. Dickinson - Commercial Litigation
"I would like to congratulate the named attorneys for receiving this recognition of their hard work, legal acumen, and dedication to client service delivery," said, co-founding partner, Eric N. Macey. "I would also like to thank our peers for their nominations, attorney reviews, and participation in the voting process."