Novack and Macey is a unique place to practice law that offers the sophisticated work, security, and compensation you are looking for, within a challenging, yet collegial, setting. But only a particular type of lawyer excels here.
You must be genuinely interested in working as a team to help our clients achieve their goals. You must be motivated to work on the client’s case as a whole, not satisfied to toil away anonymously on legal minutiae. And you must find satisfaction in the rigors of practice.
Interested attorneys should contact Andrew Campbell, 312.419.6900. Applicants must have outstanding academic credentials from a top-tier law school. One-to-two years of meaningful professional experience also is preferred.
Available position(s): Staff Attorney
Novack and Macey LLP is looking for an attorney with two to four years experience in commercial litigation for a staff attorney position. The successful candidate's principal responsibilities will be to research legal issues, review documents, draft memos and assist trial teams on a project basis. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will work approximately 1,800 hours per year.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- JD from an accredited law school;
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois;
- Minimum of two years in commercial litigation, or a judicial clerkship;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with Relativity and Concordance; and
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
The contact for staff attorney, paralegals and support staff is Linda J. Rosenbush, 312.419.6900.
Novack and Macey is an equal opportunity employer, and we appreciate the fresh thinking and multifaceted perspectives that come with a diverse workforce.