Rebekah Parker concentrates her practice in complex litigation involving real estate, construction, partnership and agency disputes, consumer fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and professional malpractice.
Rebekah Parker concentrates her practice in complex litigation involving real estate, construction, partnership and agency disputes, consumer fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and professional malpractice. She is a member of the firm's Real Estate Litigation Practice Group. Rebekah also has extensive class action defense experience. She has worked on trials in both state and federal court in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami and Philadelphia.
Rebekah does extensive pro bono work representing students in due process proceedings. In 2008 and 2009, she won a 5-day administrative hearing, securing special education services for a student, which was affirmed by the Ninth Circuit. Prior to joining Novack and Macey, Rebekah was an associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges LLP, having practiced in both their Los Angeles and New York City offices.
In 2015 and 2016, Rebekah was selected as an Illinois “Emerging Lawyer” by Law Bulletin Publishing Company. Emerging Lawyers are those who are age 40 or under or have been practicing law for 10 years or less. Less than two percent of all lawyers in the State receive this distinction. In 2008, she was selected for inclusion in the list of Southern California Rising Stars and, from 2013 through 2016 , she was selected as an Illinois Rising Star.
Rebekah is a Board member of the Next Generation and a member of the Lawyers’ Committee, both of which support the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. She is a member of the Harvard Law School Women’s Alliance of Chicago and the Chicago Council of Lawyers, a public interest bar association.
In her free time, she is an avid runner, tennis player and skier. She lives in Glencoe with her husband and young daughter.
- University of Michigan (B.A. 2002), Honors College, with Highest Distinction
- Harvard Law School (J.D. 2005), Cum Laude; ATLA Regional Mock Trial Champion and Coach
Speeches & Publications
- “That’s Not What I Meant: How to Fix a Typo or Grammatical Error in a Contract,” Smart Business Chicago, August 2013. View PDF.
- Co-author, “Smart Evidence: Commercial Litigation.” Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2012
- Novack and Macey Attorneys Win Resounding Victory in Class Action against Client
- 2016 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Leading Lawyers Recognizes 5 Novack and Macey Attorneys as Emerging Lawyers in 2016
- Joshua E. Liebman and Rebekah H. Parker Obain Dismissal of Six Counterclaims Filed against Real Estate Client
- What to Do When a Mistake Changes the Meaning of an Agreement? Rebekah Parker Explains in Smart Business Chicago
- Seventh Circuit Court Affirms Novack and Macey Victory for Donald Trump and the Trump Organization
- Novack and Macey Win Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Misappropriation of Trade Secrets Case for Plas-Tool Co. after Jury Trial in District Court; Rebekah Parker Is on Trial Team
- IICLE Recognizes Novack and Macey Volunteers as “Exceptional Writers” of Civil-Litigation Materials
- Developer of Trump International Hotel & Tower, Chicago, Wins Appeal