Elizabeth C. Wolicki concentrates her practice in commercial litigation. She is a member of the Real Estate Litigation Practice Group.
In 2015 and 2016, Elizabeth was selected as an Illinois “Emerging Lawyer” by Law Bulletin Publishing Company. Emerging Lawyers are those who are age 40 or under or have been practicing law for 10 years or less. Less than two percent of all lawyers in the State receive this distinction. For the past three years, Super Lawyers has selected Elizabeth as an Illinois Rising Star, an honor given to fewer than 2.5 percent of all Illinois lawyers.
She was previously a litigation associate at Mayer Brown LLP. While in law school, Elizabeth spent a summer as a judicial extern to the Honorable Matthew Kennelly of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Before attending law school, she served as a literacy tutor with AmeriCorps in the Chicago Public Schools for one year.
Elizabeth resides in Chicago with her husband and two sons.
- Princeton University, A.B., History, 2004
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2008
Speeches & Publications
- “Sixth Circuit Determines Defendant Did Not Waive Its Right to Arbitrate: Shy v. Navistar International Corp., 781 F. 3d 820 (6th Cir. 2015),” Case Note, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Website, May 21, 2015. View PDF.
- “Arbitration Clause Does Not Apply To Unsuccessful Job Applicant: Gove v. Career Systems Development Corporation, 689 F.3d 1 (1st Cir. 2012),” Case Note, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Website, December 9, 2013. View PDF.
- “Court Upholds Arbitrator’s Decision to Authorize Class Arbitration: Oxford Health Plans LLC v. Sutter, 133 S. Ct. 2064 (2013),” Case Note, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Website, July 23, 2013. View PDF.
- 2016 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Leading Lawyers Recognizes 9 Novack and Macey Attorneys as Leading Lawyers and 5 as Emerging Lawyers in 2016
- Novack and Macey Attorneys Win Victory for Local Bank by Arguing Plaintiffs’ Claims Were Barred by the Illinois Credit Agreements Act
- Novack and Macey Wins Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Misappropriation of Trade Secrets Case for Plas-Tool Co. after Jury Trial in District Court; Elizabeth Wolicki Is on Trial Team
- ABA Publishes Elizabeth Wolicki’s Article on 11th Circuit’s Holding: A Foreign Arbitration Panel is a Tribunal
- ABA Publishes Article by Elizabeth Wolicki on Supreme Court Decision Upholding an Arbitrator’s Authorization of a Class Action
- Elizabeth Wolicki Joins Novack and Macey as Litigation Associate