Alexander Berg concentrates his practice in commercial litigation.
Alex has represented clients in numerous complex civil cases in both federal and state courts. Additionally, he maintains a very active pro bono practice.
In 2016, Super Lawyers selected Alex as an Illinois Rising Star, an honor given to fewer than 2.5 percent of all Illinois lawyers.
Before joining Novack and Macey, Alex was an associate at Kirkland and Ellis LLP in both their Washington, D.C. and Chicago offices. He was born and raised outside Boston, Massachusetts, and he currently lives in Chicago with his wife Sara.
- Tufts University (B.A. 2004), Magna Cum Laude; Member of the Men’s Varsity Soccer Team
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D. 2007), High Honors, Order of the Coif; Production Editor, The George Washington Law Review
Speeches & Publications
- “Arbitration of Attorney Malpractice Claims,” American Bar Association Section of Litigation Professional Services Liability Website, June 8, 2016. View PDF.
- Co-Author, Chapter 1, “Litigation Issues Related to Corporate Governance in Closely Held Illinois Businesses,” Handbook on Disputes Involving Closely Held Companies, published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2015.
- “Delaware Enacts Streamlined Arbitration Process,” Note, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Website, June 18, 2015. View PDF.
- “Rules Governing Attorney Advertising, Marketing and Solicitation,” Presentation with Joshua E. Liebman to the Committee on Attorney Malpractice, The Chicago Bar Association, March 3, 2015. View presentation.
- 2016 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- “Small but Mighty” Litigation Boutique Scores Eight Appellate Victories in 2012
- Novack and Macey LLP Collaborates with LAF to Represent Students in Special Education and School Disciplinary Disputes
- Marinello and Berg Prevail for Client in Appeal of Arbitration Award
- Berg Publishes Article on Protective Orders
- Daily Law Bulletin Announces Alexander Berg as New Novack and Macey Associate